Saturday, October 18, 2008

(0) Comments

Great paradoxes in simple paintings (Magritte works)

cgedas

,

This is a blog about paradoxes. Therefore I decided to publish some examples of paradoxical painting.

Of course it would be a great discussion if the whole art isn't about paradoxes. However, I think you'll get my point after seeing what I want to show.

These paintings are not new at all. Famous Belgian surrealist artist René Magritte (1898-1967) created them a half of century ago. But they will be new for my blog at least.


"This is not a pipe", it says . Painted 1928-1929.


"This is not an apple", it persists. Painted 1964.

But "this IS" a Piece of Cheese". Painted 1937.

I have my a few comments but perhaps they are not needed here, are they?
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves
0 Responses to "Great paradoxes in simple paintings (Magritte works)"